Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The training.

I'm just like an unofficial student of USM. I'm currently undergoing the 3-months training in Center for Drug Research (CDR) of USM. This is actually a very good chance for me to experience the life of an local uni student. The greatest difference is the distance of walk. The campus is so huge! Walking from one corner to another under the hot sun almost killed me. This is the time where I loved FES so so much. *hearts*

  image

This is where I will be working for the next 11 weeks. The center is sharing the same building with the school of pharmacy and the students there are nicely dressed in formal.

So, the first day, I saw no familiar faces. All the other trainees are seniors of Y2S2, most are from Biochemistry. Luckily, they are all very friendly and we get along quite well. First of all, we were briefed about the work that we need to perform during the training period. That's a lot more than what I have been expecting. According to the training coordinator whom I refer to as Dr. S, we have to do literature research before hand, handling projects and a final presentation in front of the professors and postgraduates. Omg Omg. How am I going to survive such harsh training?? Moreover, I've visited the labs and found out that what I've learnt so far may not be very helpful. Because, they are doing researches and the machines and instrument are so so complex and sophisticated, something I've never came across before. So, I guess I need to put in more efforts.

Me and another senior are assigned to Dr. N, a 'nice young man'. Hehe. I don't know if he's really nice. I only get to meet him on the second day. The first two days are kinda boring actually. No work are assigned and I was busy traveling to and froth the hostel and the campus, helping the seniors to settle their accommodation. And now, they have finally settled down. *relieved*

Isshh.. I am so lazy. Lazy to go to work everyday. Lack of motivation arr.. Sien Sien Sien.

I tried to meet up with Jhu but every time we missed out. Never mind, there'll be a chance some day. ^^

Oh ya.. I got a job as Yakult promoter, working on this and next weekends. The pay is RM65 per day. Wee Wee~

Nothing much to blog this while as I said before, life's dull and boring. Hope to travel to some nice places and capture capture nice pics. Wait till the training end first. =(

1 comments:

~K£cќ~ said...

I wan free yakult ... XD