Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Visit to the animal house.

DSC06327

Cute? No?

Seems familiar? No! It's not the rat in Ratatouille.

21139056

See, they look different. But for sure, they are relatives.

Poor little thing, it's dead by now. T________T Probably in the heaven already. I'm not cursing, because they dissected it them today. For your information, there are around 20+ of them.

So, these mice are  actually part of my friend's project. He fed the mice with some kind of drug and weight them everyday for two weeks. Then, they'll be dissected and their internal organs will be taken out to do some further tests. It sounds so cruel, luckily I'm not dealing with mice for my project.

DSC06315

The mice are much smaller in size than the one that I dissected in Foundation. In fact, they are cute.

Now, let me tell you how to feed these hyperactive mice.

DSC06326

First of all, you have to hold them like this. So that they stay still and don't move around. Then, inject the drug into their mouth by using syringe. The whole process require skills and calmness. I tried to feed one of them with some water but I gave up in the end because I don't dare to hold it like that. I'm afraid that I'll broke its fragile neck and it'll die on the spot. *I cannot spoil people's project ma.*

Other than mice, there are also other animals such as rabbits and guinea pigs in the animal house.

DSC06342

I can swear this is the most gigantic rabbit I have ever seen in my entire life.  I even though that it's a mutated species. Haha. But not likely. See, it can barely move due to its huge size. I wonder what they fed it, but I guess the main reason is due to the lack of exercise.

Sir Gregory, please don't eat too much, I'm so afraid that you become like this. Sob sob..

n529097117_1051090_757

They look cute in this way. *Grabbed from Felicia*

DSC06344

This one is cute! The guinea pig.

DSC06339 

CUTE~

It's freaking smelly inside the animal house, so I left after a while. Did learn something useful and I'm so sorry for the little things. They help to make the world better. [by participating in scientific researches, involuntarily, I guess] Rest in peace. =(

2 comments:

~K£cќ~ said...

Pity those cute animals >.<

Ken said...

I demand for picture of the mouse disected